In a time of crazy technology, there are a few old-fashioned items I like to surround myself with: records, film cameras, and typewriters. This evening I'll focus on the latter, which I have always crushed hard on. Not only can they be beautiful, but I still love using them whenever I can- the sound brings me comfort.
Sources (from top to bottom): Design*Sponge: Lydia & Julia, Kate Spade, The Glamourai, Fjeldborg, Design*Sponge: Meghan Mcewan, unknown, The T-Cozy, 79 Ideas, unknown, Design*Sponge: Michael & Kristin.
- My mom and I were guest stars on a hilarious podcast: listen to it here (the latest one).
- Easy and creamy lemon pie.
- The loveliest vow renewal I ever did see.
- Eye candy: The Pantone Project.
- Geometric wedding inspiration for the modern bride.
- Mmm, strawberry ginger punch sounds like the perfect summer cocktail.
- The best outdoor summer activities for kids. I definitely need to push my boys to play outdoors more this season.
- Goals? What goals?
- A pretty candy-colored hostel wedding.
- Weekend project: download a masterpiece.
- I love seeing Kristina's illustration process.
- Right up my alley: wedding tattoos.
- More stylin' desktop wallpapers this week: one & two.
- I'd love to hang a ton of these paper mobiles all around.
- Andrea went to Paris and wrote about it. I always love the way she describes things.
- A travel bingo printable for road trips with kids.
- Make some tissue paper flowers for party fun.
- Awesome people reading.
- Another gorgeous engagement shoot.
- I do love a totally kitschy home.
- Incredible: the remnants of an entire amusement part contained in one cube.
- Gotta love another good washi tape project
Enjoy your Sunday, folks! (above artwork by Sophie Blackall)
I'm thinking that mint is going to be my color for the season. It makes me think of retro trailers, vw bugs, and waffle cones of mint chip ice cream- totally perfect for the summertime.
1. A Whole New Twirl Dress ($124.99), 2. Old Havana Dinnerware ($12-$18), 3. Vintage Retro Fan ($102.82), 4. Vintage, Retro Typewriter Green, You're Just My Type Quote ($23), 5. Mint Dog Brooch ($26), 6. Joy and Merri-mint Flat ($57.99), 7. Chevron Native iPhone Case ($11.99), 8. 1 Roll of Mint Green and White Pinstripe Masking Tape ($4), 9. Milk Bottle Basket (£25), and 10. Vintage Metal Tray Mint Green Dogwood ($14)
There's just something absolutely wonderful about vintage snapshots. For as long as I can remember, I have been collecting them from thrift shops, estate sales, flea markets, and antique stores. I also adore digging through all the ones of my family from years and years ago. Captured moments in specific periods of time- I can look at them all day.
Sources (from top to bottom): John Van Noate, Style Sight, Vintage Burlesque Photos, unknown, Jan Willemsen, Saddle Shoe Habitat, unknown, Roz Leibowitz, Shorpy, and sctatepdx.
Now that the weather is really getting good, I am starting to make a list of all the water-filled places I plan on visiting this summer. The Pacific Northwest is impressively full of lakes and rivers, as well as the gorgeous rocky coast. If you see me in the next few months, I plan on having a beer & book in my hands and my feet in the water.
1. Seafolly Boyleg Maillot ($148), 2. Retro Brown and Gold Cat Eye Sunglasses ($24), 3. Stay Til The Sun Sets Beach Towel ($9, sale), 4. The Short Novels of John Steinbeck ($30), 5. Anchor Ring in Sterling Silver ($32), 6. Wills 2-Part Flatform Sandals ($70), 7. Cantaloupe Orange Cotton Lace Parasol ($67), 8. East Lake Dive Club Tote ($11.50), and 9. 1938 3 Bathing Beauties Cabrillo Beach ($4.75)
- Yum yum: peanut butter pretzel bars.
- A fancy donut party sounds absolutely fabulous.
- Tips for addressing wedding envelopes.
- A lovely look: plants in bird cages.
- A stunning Brooklyn wedding.
- Sometimes it's nice to bring a picnic inside.
- Joyous photographs of the Brighton Children's Parade.
- Another great desktop wallpaper.
- Making your nails fancy with a metallic paint pen.
- Photos Comparing Biopic Actors and Their Real-Life Counterparts.
- A Moonrise Kingdom engagement shoot by my dear friend.
- Mini fruit cakes!
- If you're a fan of the Before Sunrise/Before Sunset movies (like I am), you'll find this interesting.
- The perfect simple summer cocktail.
- On body image and self worth.
Enjoy the last half of your weekend- I hope there's plenty of sunshine where you are. (above artwork by Olaf Hajek)
I have home redecoration on the brain. I'm itching to paint walls, move furniture, and change the style around a bit. This means that I've been saving plenty of images for inspiration. It's brainstorming time!
Sources (from top to bottom): Better Homes & Gardens, The Klein, WDL, MilK, The Design Files, Rachel Denbow, Felix Forest, Uppercase, Apartment Therapy: Jean & Dylan, bloom, Covet Garden, and A Beautiful Mess: Danni Hong.